You need a legal transcription company because you want and need an accurate transcript of your board meetings, depositions, courtroom proceedings, and other important meetings or conferences.
You know the importance of an accurate transcription and cannot need leave this to chance. A professional legal transcription company gives you accuracy, professionalism, and confidence.
In this article we highlight the key benefits of hiring a legal transcription company. We suggest you share this article with your colleagues when discussing how and why you can best manage your legal transcription needs.
What is Legal Transcription?
Legal transcription is the process of transcribing legal proceedings from the spoken to the written word. Legal transcriptionists specialize in accurately and quickly transcribing a range of legal proceedings in real-time.
Legal transcription services are valuable for anyone who needs an accurate record of their meetings, conference session, deposition testimony, pre-trial hearings, courtroom testimony, or any other important meetings. In some cases, legal transcriptionists are used to transcribe from video and audio material, giving you a complete written record of this material. The diversity of skills and demands placed on legal transcriptionists emphasize why it help to have easy access to top tips for hiring a legal transcription services company.
Why You Should Hire a Legal Transcription Company
You should hire a legal transcription company because legal transcription is not your area of specialization. Just as you rely on an accountant to take care of your taxes or a professional roofer to replace your roof or a dentist to fix your nagging tooth pain – you need to give the same priority to your transcription needs.
We all like to think that we can do it all, but in reality, this simply isn’t the case. When you hire a legal transcription company to manage, deliver, and be responsible for your transcription needs, you have one less thing to worry about before, during, and after your important meeting, legal proceeding, conference, etc.
Here are out top reasons for why you need to hire a legal transcription company:
- Accuracy. We cannot stress the need for accuracy enough. When it comes to any meeting, legal proceeding, or conference, you cannot risk errors in your transcripts. These errors can set you up for future problems or legal issues. Accuracy and quality in legal transcription is so important that research has been done on transcription quality levels.
- Confidence. You know what you’re good at. You know what your team is good at. By hiring legal transcription company, you get the same level of confidence in the final product as you do when you or your team finish a project. Be confident that you’ve entrusted your transcription needs to the professionals.
- Flexibility. Typically, a legal transcription company has multiple qualified and expert legal transcriptionists on staff. This means you can ensure you’re working with one or more legal transcriptionists who have the exact skills you’re looking for. For example, you might have multiple conference sessions and meetings happening at the same time, rely on the legal transcription company to meet your diverse transcription needs with zero headaches or confusion.
- Quality. Legal transcriptionists are professionally trained and certified. This means you know you’re getting a professional who takes pride in delivering a quality transcript. Most legal transcription companies have a number of quality assurance steps in place to make sure your transcript is of the highest possible quality.
- Timely. Trust your legal transcription company to deliver your documents quickly and on-schedule. You can’t afford to wait for these documents and if you try to manage the transcription in-house, chances are very high it will take days or even weeks for a final transcript to be delivered.
Remember that when researching legal transcription companies, you have the right to ask questions about transcript formats, delivery schedules, the number of legal transcriptionists available, back-up plans, and how the company ensures quality assurance.
Take your time, do your research, and know that you’ve trusted your legal transcription needs to proven professionals.